OPENCALL: 25 oct - 30 nov 2015
9th International Videoart Festival
1. One Videoart per artist or collective without any restriction of theme or language would be admitted; please, include Spanish and English subtitles when needed. The video must have been produced during the last 3 years.
Selected works will be part of PROYECTOR16 program. Also they can be part of “Projectils” in order to be screened at the different international festivals we collaborate with.
Other formats are admitted as interventions in the different spaces of the Festival: Video-installations (monochannel, multichannel, interactives), interventions, projections in public spaces, video-performances.
Also videoart´s workshops can be submitted. Please, include description and budget.
2. All works will be selected by an international jury coordinated by PROYECTOR for their screening in different shows and festivals. Due to the independent and non-profit character of PROYECTOR, the festival has not financial resources for artist fees. However we will inform the artist in case of any possibility of payment.
3. Once the Festival would be finished, the videos will not be returned; they would be part of the PROYECTOR's archive for future screenings with non-profit motiv in mind. The sending of the works would mean that the artist agree with the screening of the video piece and its use in any media that PROYECTOR considers useful for the spreading. The artist would keep all the rights and the property of the piece, and PROYECTOR is only authorized for its exhibition and spreading. All projections will be free and, in case of a Government institution involvement, we will try to get funding for the artists fees.
4. PRESELECTION: All videos have to be online, open or in private but with the permission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, send the video link and the following information to email@example.com:
- Title of the work
- Year of production
- ARTIST: Name / Nationality / e-mail / website / CV (less than 5 lines)
- Description (less than 5 lines)
- 1-5 photos of the piece.
5. SELECTION: All selected artists will be contacted by email during spring. They will be asked to send the a best quality digital video file, preferably MOV HD or MP4 HD, but we admit PAL or low-tech formats if needed.
6. The sending of the works would mean the agreement of the rules. Any aspect not include in these rules will be resolved by PROYECTOR.